Press Release - 3/30/2017
2017 Public Health Leader to be Recognized
CONTACT: Tammy Griffin
2017 OUTSTANDING PUBLIC HEALTH LEADER
FOR WICOMICO COUNTY TO BE HONORED
2017 Wicomico County Outstanding Public Health Leader
(Photo opportunity at approximately 3:45 p.m.) National Public Health Week will be observed the week of April 3-9, 2017. To celebrate this observance the Wicomico County Health Dept. will host the 21st Annual Awards Ceremony to honor this year’s Outstanding Public Health Leader. This award will be presented to a community individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the public health of the citizens of Wicomico County. Previous winners will also be acknowledged at the ceremony.
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Fritz Health Center Auditorium
300 West Carroll Street, Salisbury MD
To honor the Outstanding Public Health Leader for Wicomico County and to provide the public with health information.
To declare Public Health Week in the City of Salisbury and in Wicomico County.
- 2017 Public Health Leader Honored
- 2017 Public Health Leader to be Recognized
- RABIES CLINIC - May 16th
- Nominations being accepted for 2017 Outstanding Public Health Leader
- Maryland reports 1st cold weather-related death of the season, repeats tips
- Health Department closed December 26, 2016
- Health Dept. report on smoking, tobacco use highlights successes, challenges 60% fewer minors light up, but 20 Marylanders still die daily from related diseases
- Environmental Health Officials Urge Residents to Take Health and Safety Precautions After Flooding
- PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION DROP OFF BOXES SURPASS LAST YEAR’S COLLECTION TOTAL
- National Preparedness Month Kick Off
- Cooling Center in Wicomico County Open