108 E. Main Street
Salisbury, MD 21801
(410) 749-1244


     Having a health fair? Click Here.
 

TEEN PREGNANCY PREVENTION AND
ADOLESCETNT HEALTH PROGRAM

A Program of Planning and Population Health


teens, youth

Phone:  410-334-3480   Fax:  410-548-51840

The Teen Pregnancy Prevention and Adolescent Health Program provides technical assistance, health education, and promotional efforts to reduce teen pregnancy in Wicomico County. Several community based initiatives are designed to affect teen pregnancy using Abstinence and Comprehensive Sexuality Education. Services and education are provided to pre-adolescents, adolescents, parents and community groups which are funded by the Abstinence Grant and the Personal Responsibility and Education Program (PREP).

Adolescent Health presentation topics offered, but not limited to the following: 

  • Abstinence
  • Contraception
  • Puberty
  • Healthy/Unhealthy Relationships
  • Human Reproduction
  • Making Wise Decisions (Risky Behaviors)
  • Personal Hygiene
  • Refusal Skills
  • Self Esteem
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections
  • Teen Pregnancy Prevention
  • Communication tips for Talking with Teenagers about Sexuality Issues
 

For more information, contact
Chavonda Carr at 410-219-7489
chavonda.carr@maryland.gov


Wicomico County is ranked
11th in the state of Maryland
for teen births to girls between
the ages of 15-19.  (2016 data)

 

 


Nearly 1/4 of teen mothers become pregnant with their second child within 24 months;



Daughters of teen mothers are 3 times as likely to become a teen mom themselves;


Sons of teen moms are twice as likely to end up in prison;


Only 40% of teen mothers finish high school while the other 60% are forced to dropout to care for their children.

Services


   ALCOHOL & DRUG USE
   PREVENTION
   
Adult/Youth Alcohol/
   Other Drug Use Prevention

   Opioid Misuse Prevention

   BREAST CANCER PREVENTION

   Closing The Gap: Hispanic
   Women and Breast Cancer

   CHRONIC DISEASE
   PREVENTION

   Diabetes Prevention Program
   (a/k/a Lifestyle Balance)
   Healthiest Maryland
   Businesses (worksite wellness)

   
TOBACCO USE PREVENTION &
   CESSATION

   Stop smoking classes
   Community outreach


 


    






 

Wicomico County
Health Department
FAMILY PLANNING

William C. Fritz
Health Center
300 W. Carroll Street
Salisbury, MD 21801


For a confidential
appointment, call
(410) 543-6962




Get Educated,
Get Tested,
and Make
Responsible Choices



Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program



Prevent Teen Pregnancy.